Thread: BCA Bike?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-11, 09:09 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by treebound
Like Schwinns, not all BCA bikes are the same, some are better, some are worse.

What part of the universe are you located in?
In some part of the universe that has never ever seen a BCA bike in the 58 years I've been traveling this universe. And when I checked for hours on the internet very little was mentioned of the brand. I found 2 people, one said they were cheaply made bikes, and another mentioned they became partners with Ross at some point and made in Allentown PA. I couldn't even find an image of one.

I would therefore conclude that if you have a nice one would be to keep it because it's very rare, more rarer then their cheap ones!! I would also post your images on the web so if others want to see one they can see yours.

By the way the bike I saw was creamish off white color, I can't tell from the photo but yours looks to be almost the same color. Also the one I saw had no decals on the bike except for the head badge, and no water bottle mounts on the frame. Your dropouts are way nicer then the ones I saw. The frame was built by Sakai of Japan with no mention of being double butted so I would assume they weren't.