View Single Post
Old 09-30-11, 11:21 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
I know this is little more than a glorified hobby for you, so wouldn't it be cool if it increased your revenue?
YES!!! I would like that and not just to get money. It would free me up to do what I like most and that is not buying and selling bicycles. I love finding, restoring and riding my own bikes. But I need to sell them also to avoid getting a real job at my age.

I derive little pleasure from trying to sell what I find. That said, I really like it when people contact me, through this Forum or my website, with specific vintage bicycle related needs. Then, I feel like I am helping others and meeting the foundation of my business philosophy, which incidentally is, to help others.

I believe that is the fundamental purpose of business. And it must have some merit. I am proud to say that I have quite a few repeat customers, friends, not sure how to put it, that have purchased stuff from me many times each. That I like.

Ebay - not so much:-(