Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chefisaac
mr. B: Thinking about doing a day of just climbing. Flat wjere I live but can find a couple of hills. Would it work to ride up, then down, then up, etc again? Anything in the gym I can do to help climbing?
Yup, that would be know as hill repeats. Depending on the length of the hill, you can us different tactics. One to two miles, jsut ride up, lift the pace when you feel you can after you are familiar with the course.

If it's a 1/4 mile- 1/2 mile, do a few warm up then bust your hump up in race mode like intervals. Relax on the way down to recoup. Heck, you can never get too tired to make it back cause you just roll back to the start.

I bet you do them till you think you're done. Then you change your mind after the final climb and say ok, one more!

I do it al the time with my mtb course. One loop 5 miles 2 1/2 miles good climbing. At the top I think I'm done but by the bottom, I start to feel like I'm cheating if I don't do a second. You can hear hikers in my last video asking, "you're going a gain?". Yup, not about being fantastic, it's about wanting it and knowing you can.