Old 10-04-11, 11:05 PM
longhaultrucker

Bikes: 86' schwinn sprint updated and converted to touring, Trek 3 series, trek 1.2, and as soon as the disk LHT comes out it will be added

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mithrandir
First off, I have not planned another century yet, so I have no idea what you're talking about. But thanks for insulting me for absolutely no reason.

If you had payed any attention to me whatsoever, then you would have realised that my next non-commute ride will have more climbing in it than I've ever done, and I'm alternating going distance then height. It is working for me, thank you very much. Every month I do more and more climbing and I'm getting clearly better at it.

Secondly I challenge you to try some of your oh-so-magnificent climbing skills whilst carrying an extra 100+ pounds. Seriously I dare you to try doing a 'tiny' 4000 ft climb at 356 pounds, and come back and report how amazingly easy it was. You are the only person on the planet who has criticized me for the hills I do. Every other roadie I meet in real life has told me that they are in awe of me that I'm even attempting them. So go get some dumbells, put them on your bike, and climb. Until then, I don't want to hear another criticism from you.
i dont think this was aimed at you and while it is a bit "brutal" it is a very honest assessment of the training that one needs to achieve certain goals, I.E. your not going to get into the Mr Olympia without picking up some weights.......so the assessment and advice is spot on and well put