Santaria

Bikes: Surly CC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You're lighting seems lacking. Sorry.

Ninja joggers suck, big time.

But...I'm training for a marathon, so I'll put in my 2-cents on this.

I try to run with the least amount of clothing possible. It's hot, sehr sauheiss, to be precise. If I'm feeling particularly self-conscious - I might have on a sport-specific tank top for the first mile or two - then its off. Why? Because I've ran until my nipples have bled down the front of my shirt. I'm not doing the bandaid thing and I have found that adding anything to wet skin tends to be a complete waste of time. We're not talking 1-3 mile runs. We're talking Saturday morning 20 mile training rides. Where I have 4 stingers packed in the most comfortable regular length shorts (lined) because underwear chaffs - toe socks because blisters aren't fun, and they are even less fun 18 miles out in the middle of hell and a pair of shoes. I'm not even going to imagine having a day-glo vest chaffing my arms, and anything tight is in the domain of high school track stars and people who don't generally run long distances.

Ultimately, a blinkie has worked well for me. I put it on the waste of my shorts and another in my hat. If you can't see them firing off at at least a mile away, you probably need to turn off the iPad and cancel that text you were sending while racing along (kidding on the last part)