View Single Post
Old 10-05-11, 06:16 PM
idc

Bikes: quite a few

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't think I've ever posted my current commuters, only my old hybrid, which is currently saddle-less and pedal-less.

2005 GT Avalanche 3.0 - my only bike for a few years (2006-2008 or so) when I first moved to the USA. Now it's my designated wet/winter commuter, and I don't mind locking it up in the parking garage downstairs. It's spent many a season stored outside without much love so it has a rusty drivetrain. I find myself choosing to ride this over my road bike more and more.

A second pic with flash, that also has a roll of SOLAS reflective tape sitting on the saddle which I just got today. Most expensive roll of tape I've ever bought! Looks quite a bit brighter than the default wheel reflectors though.

Ideally I'd like to change out the front shock for a standard fork as I think it looks silly with all that clearance over the 26" slicks, and get at least a front disc brake. But doing will probably cost more than the bike is worth.

This is my main bike but I don't ride it when the weather's dicey, and I don't like to lock it up downstairs. It's not as comfortable over bad surfaces. It has a newer set of Crank Bros pedals than in the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2.jpg (82.0 KB, 80 views)
1.jpg (84.2 KB, 91 views)
bike.jpg (92.7 KB, 188 views)