View Single Post
Old 10-13-11, 06:06 AM
ccsdc83

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a little over 600 miles on my Citizen "Gotham 1" and it has been problem free so far. I use it for post office runs, store runs for grocery, ride it when I am in different cities, and at the beach which is VERY nice. Paid $269 for mine in July, but the price has been raised to $289 now. I cycle a LOT so the one speed can go quite quickly for me except for steep hills which only happen occasionally thankfully. I am fine with the stock seat guess I just have an iron rear, but I can see the comfort limitations the stocker will present for a lot of riders. Right now I am 155 lbs and it does fine even with my back pack loaded sometimes on my back. No mods on mine right now just a front and rear light for morning / dusk / night riding. I love how nimble this thing is you can get through all sorts of small tight spots with ease which makes a difference in built up urban areas. Its funny how much attention this thing gets everywhere it goes. My only complaint so far is that sometimes the seat post will slide down gradually. No big deal to adjust it, but do they make a heavy duty clamp perhaps to really hold it?

Citizen is a great company in my opinion and the prices are very reasonable. I like the one speed for the reliability. I can go 10+ miles with ease on the G1 and it has a myriad of uses. I can stow the thing away just about anywhere in my travels when its locked up. Post pics of your mods if you can Geeeyejo sounds like it made a nice transformation while still retaining the stock stuff.

Sorry about the structure of this reply I am posting from mobile.