Old 10-13-11, 06:50 AM
hybridbkrdr
we be rollin'

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by shiggy
Of course. I ride rigid, hardtail and full suspension 29ers. Never experienced any of the misconceptions you quoted.

"touring bike"? Shows his bias.
Well, I'm now considering 26 inch wheel touring bike with front suspension so I could go everywhere. I wonder how people would look at that to see some guy with panniers go slowly on a trail while people are wizzing by at a zillion miles per hour doing their training. Anyway, I'm kind of thinking along the lines of the Soma Groove frame. But this is for a future project. My first touring bike will be with 700c wheels. If I could find a Michelin Tracker or Continental Tour Ride in 2.2 inch for 700c, then I might be more tempted to make a 29er touring bike. Even if people say 26ers are slower, it's kind of tempting still to make a touring bike with one. For whatever reason, it always seems normal to me to roll around at a pedestrian pace. I mean other bikers pass me, even women and older people. It's a little odd, haha. Apart from the Soma Groove and Surly Troll, does anyone know which 26 inch mountain frames can carry panniers for all-terrain touring?