Old 10-15-11, 10:52 PM
houseofreggae

Bikes: Cyclestar 12 Speed, Gary Fisher Mamba, Novara ETA, Kulana Moon Dog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
http://gitondowntheroad.blogspot.com...-in-value.html

This is the new bicycle I recently bought after I sold my car. I told myself I would directly invest (most) money from the sale into a quality commuter bicycle and I finally got around to taking some pics of my new 2011 Novara Mainline ETA, from REI. I've added a Topeak MTX Quick-Track rack, and a Topeak MTX Trunk Bag DXP w/ panniers. The trunk bag along with the snap-in-place on rack function (quick-track) is the best thing to happen to cycling since the freewheel. I now have the best of both worlds : pannier style bags that I can fold up and out of the way if needed, and a trunk bag which I've converted into a lunch cooler that can snap on or off with the (snap) of your fingers. I take it with me in my work vehicle all day, then back on the bike when it's quitting time.

I also added Planet Bike Cascadia 45mm Hybrid/Touring fenders that really tie-in to the silver accents on the bike and offer superb protection from wet & muddy roads.

Steel chromoly frame, disc brakes, moustache handlebar w/ ergonomic cork grips, 27 speeds, 700c Vittoria Randonneur's & top quality Shimano components. All in all, I'm very happy with my new investment, even happier since I got it for clearance prices, and now I have good karma on my side because the sale of my car funded this green investment.