Old 10-18-11, 03:46 PM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by mainstreetexile
As others have said, heck of a score! I've been through Cambria before a couple times, cool area, I love Big Sur.

I wouldn't have any trouble sleeping at night and being incredibly happy after paying $200 for all of that at an estate sale. Unless I've misunderstood the situation, estate sale companies are pretty much like auctioneers, they are a business and they make their money doing this stuff so if they had it underpriced it isn't your fault.

Nice to know there are so many saints in the C&V bike world though! I'll happily await the time when someone offers me more than my asking price for a bike (or anything) I'm selling.
At the risk of sounding like a real cynical bastard, remember that all those espousing the higher morality haven't had a chance to pick up that bike for $200.00 - and then gets lots of other stuff, too. I'd be very curious to see how many in this group would, honestly, being offered this same inventory, by the same people, for $200.00 would immediately protest that they should be paying at least a $1000.00 for everything. I'm as honest as the next guy (and almost as honest as Poguemahone) but if someone insists on a price that is less than I know it's worth, I'm not going to argue him up. I'll save my honesty for not trying to argue him down.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L. Mencken, (1926)