View Single Post
Old 10-20-11, 11:22 PM
Jed19

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by justkeepedaling
Giant makes very very good bikes, both mountain and road. Considering their carbon expertise, I would be surprised to hear that any of the new bikes is lacking in performance
I have been a cyclist for a while. In my view, Giant bikes are good, but like a lot of other manufacturers (US and overseas) I won't name, their bikes just don't push my button. I really think bike design can benefit tremendously from designers that are as talented as Jony Ive, the head industrial design guy at Apple. It does not matter how good a bike is, for me, the "looks" has to push my buttons, then I'll test-ride to see how it rides. In my view, nothing spectacular is happening looks-wise with Giant bikes. And I put T*** and Sp********* in the same boat.

If the bike is "ugly" or "ho-hum" looks wise, then I'll be damned if I am gonna straddle it to find out how it rides.

Human beings are very visual and tactile animals, thus the looks thing. Think of courtship/dating. You have to like the looks before approach, even if the object of your desire has the manners/goodness of a Mother Teresa.

YMMV.