View Single Post
Old 10-21-11, 06:02 PM
Bcssf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You guys are great!! I'm new to the forum, but it's great to see we are all alike. I was diagnosed with EXTREMELY high blood pressure.. 155/109.....Yeah.... Stroke territory. I am not a good medication taker, so the Doc basically said to get off the ole' A$$ and get to exercising. Weight was about 260. I had the same 'fears' of being laughed at, so my solution to this was to start walking. I would go for 10 mile walks, at midnight!! Getting down up wards of 2am sometimes. All to stay out of people's line of sight, because I was self conscious. Nobody cares, if they are saying stuff to you, it's their own embarrassment, trying to make themselves feel better, as they pass with their Venti, frappachino...mmmmm they're good.. LoL.. Picked up the old bike one day, and remembered I loved biking!! It's faster, I can cover more distance!! Bought a new Mountain bike, and spend my time wandering in the Everglades, along the fire roads.. Just keep it up. It is all normal..I'm down to 210 lbs. BP is normal and more importantly un-medicated!! You being outside on your bike, will keep you alive. Never give up..