View Single Post
Old 10-23-11, 02:09 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2331 Post(s)
Liked 5,020 Times in 1,786 Posts
Originally Posted by Grasschopper
I'm glad they work well for you...but the fact is they are Kinlin XR-300s laced to some hub they got branded with their name on it. I built myself a set of Kinlin XR-300s laced to Formula hubs with more spokes like their 30x and they weigh 100g less than the system 30. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the Williams wheels, I'm sure they are very good, my point is this guys made it sound like they were handed down from the heavens or something.
I hear you, I'm just kidding around. There were many quality wheels in my price range to pick from and the decision to go with Williams was based on a discount from Keith, his awesome responses to my questions, and the immediate availability of the wheels. I think it was something like 2 days from payment until I had the wheels delivered to my house.

I've actually replaced these on my main bike with a handbuilt set of Zen Cycles wheels that are a fair bit lighter. The Williams are now rocking on my LeMond which serves as a backup/rain/night bike.