View Single Post
Old 10-24-11, 02:06 PM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulH
Why do you need a computer in the first place? You ride until you get to work or home, and then stop. It's unlikely there is an enforced speed limit that you get fined for exceeding. If it's too cold you zip up -- too warm and you unzip. You already know how far it is.
I'm a student. I want to know how much time I have left. (read: how long can I stay in bed )
Especially during winter it's impossible to read the time on my watch when wearing gloves.
Besides, I have to cross a few bridges and a lot of traffic lights to get to work. I want to know if I have to speed up or can just enjoy the scenery.

Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
All you folks who are saying a temperature display will help you choose your clothing and your layering strategy for the day ... do you leave your bike outside overnight?
Well, during spring and autumn temperatures can be on the edge of being comfortable or too hot. Better to switch at the end of the street before I'm sweating my ass off.
But okay, it is sort of a gimmick. But a cool one.