View Single Post
Old 10-24-11, 08:48 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yep... I managed to get a ride in on the way back from taking my mom to her doc appointment in Gainesville. Went to the center parking area on the Gainesville Hawthorne trail and rode some of the dirt trails on the 29'er. 8 or 9 miles with a bit over an hr ride time I think.... PERFECT weather.

They are working on a walkway over one of the "wet" areas. Going to be nice when they get it done. In the rainy season it can get pretty wet and muddy there.

Also since I rode out there last they have blazed another whole new trail. About 2 miles I think, I think it's an out and back trail. I'm not really sure because when I got to the area with the 2 picnic tables I kind of lost the trail. It looked like I was riding on somebody's property. If the trail did not end there.... I'm sure where it went. There aren't any maps yet. I think with the new trail it makes for about 8-10 miles of off road riding... Mostly in the shade too.

Anyway a pretty nice ride... If you have a mountain bike... its pretty cool you can ride the paved part of the trail.. and then to change it up... ride some off the off road trails.

Just a few pics....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ScreenShot047.jpg (101.7 KB, 2 views)
ScreenShot045.jpg (99.8 KB, 2 views)
ScreenShot046.jpg (102.6 KB, 1 views)