Old 10-25-11, 09:05 AM
idc

Bikes: quite a few

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CptjohnC
I don't get how people can ride all bundled up! I sweat plenty with shorts and a long sleeve base layer -- I can't imagine doing it in tights, with a hat and neck gaiter, or rockin' a full on parka, as so many of my fellow cyclists are doing it. I did, however, wear full finger gloves today, as my fingers were cold almost the whole way to work yesterday wearing fingerless.

I realized that because of work, weather and other obligations, this was the first week I've ridden two consecutive days since... August? It has really taken a toll on my mileage accumulation rate! I think I'll ride the long way home tonight to make up for taking the short option this morning, but I need to get on the stick if I'm going to actually make 3,000 miles for the year.
I wore a regular short-sleeve cycling top, a shell jacket, a "Buff" around my neck, shorts, legwarmers, and my regular gloves today. Fingers were a bit cold but as usual I was too warm by the time I got to work.

I know what you mean, I saw a lot of folks out with their jackets on. But I think it depends on how long your commute is. Mine is < 25 mins so I'm cold for a bit, nice for a bit and too warm for a bit. Overall - not too bad.