Old 10-25-11, 10:18 AM
phlydude

Bikes: none

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is another pic of Isaac hitting his 1000 mile milestone:

Had a great time on the ride, Jim and Isaac were lenient with me and never left me behind. Being on a Trek Navigator 1.0 with road tires (balloons) and limited gearing, cruising speeds were limited but I kept within an 1/8 mile at all times. On the hills, they were all accomplished except the last one which had me walking after half-way. If we didn't stop at the bottom and we could have carried a little momentum up it, I might have been able to get through it. But I really think my legs were beat at that point (plus I picked a bad line with lots of power robbing bumps). When we stopped at the farm stand a little bit after, the soreness in the thighs really hit and didn't stop until later in the day despite me walking around afterwards.

Looking forward to getting out and doing more of these rides - this ride makes my jaunts through the crowded multi-use paths in the local park seem so boring - have to get on the road more!
Already saving up for a road bike...keep checking craigslist to see what is out there