Sgt Mac
Banned

Bikes: 2011 Giant Defy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wino Ryder
Love that blog. It was funny because it fit me to a tee. After thirty years of riding road bikes I no longer listen to other peoples 'stellar' advice. No water bottle tricks, or prpper spray for me. No hard sprints to outrun the dog either. All that does is get my HR too high and ruin my ride. Can I out sprint a dog? - You betcha I can,....but I wont!

I dont advise riders to do as I do because its too dangerous. Most people should just use the water bottle trick, or pepper spray, and hope for the best. For me, its different. Nothing pisses me off more than some stupid dog running after me, wanting to bite me and cause me pain, all the while not bothering that dog in the least. Hell, I'm just out riding my bike. Small 'yapper' dogs? I just unclip a foot and kick him in the face, then proceed about my business. Medium or larger dogs are treated different. They get what they're looking for in spades. Generally I just 'lock-em up' and come off the bike, running full steam right at 'em, loudly ordering them to 'lay down' while pointing my finger at them. Most of the time this seems to work pretty good, but you have to come off the bike meaning business. I dont mean just halfway either. I mean all out, full tilt, mad dog pissed off. You gotta make that dog a 'believer'.

If you have a lock-blade knife that would be good too, in case he attacks, then you just shove it in him. If not, then you you're going to have to break him apart and suffer some collateral damage. Granted, I'm just like you guys. I want to ride my bike and have fun, but no dog on god's green earth is going to scare or intimidate me to change my course.

but thats just me.
If you don't have a blade and the dog doesn't buy your rage and does attack you, grip a paw like you would shake a mans hand and with all your might crush it, grind those little bones into littler bones. A dogs paw is one of, if not the most sensitive parts of a dog. I don't know if it would work on a demon possessed Pit, but I give it a 90+% chance of success on most any other breed.