Thread: Tern vs Dahon
View Single Post
Old 10-27-11, 03:32 PM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
DaHon vs. Tern?

I finally had time (3rd day) to stop by the DaHon and Tern booths at Interbike. My impressions: The DaHon booth was a lot more "complete" with bikes of wheel sizes from 16" through 24" plus accessories whereas the Tern booth was a beautiful design, all their bikes were visually appealing, i.e. lovely color paint/decal variations but fewer bikes (and no 16").

I was also able to see many of the Tern bikes on the Folder Frolic ride (Thurs. morning of the show), as well as quite a lot of DaHons, a multitude of Bromptons, a Moulten, Bike Friday, Mini-Velo and probably a few more I've forgotten. Quite fun in any case, and yes, the Tern bikes really stand out in the looks department. I haven't ridden one, so can't comment on that, though they certainly look very good, and the Tern employees on the ride were more enthusiastic (in general) than the DaHon riders/employees . . . though the award for "commitment to the brand" has to go to the Brompton riders.

Great to see so many folders out on the ride, and so many different brands too. And, even though I ride a DaHon Curve and the 16" wheel size works best for me (smaller fold than the 20"), I would certainly consider a Tern if they come out with a 16" in the future (don't know if that's in the plans or not . . . I should have asked, but didn't).

Rick / OCRR