Old 10-27-11, 05:54 PM
Otto Rax
Amazing, but true...

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
help ID this handlebar tape...based on description

So about a decade ago, I was given my first road bike/vintage bike - a red schwinn world sport. It was a loaner really, until I could save up for one. Well, one day I left it at a buddy's house who was also allowing the local co-op to use his backyard. In less than twelve hours, it was dismantled and parts were used, and the frame disappeared. I got many apologies, but that was about it.

Today on the 'ol CL, one popped up in my dad's size, in pretty mint shape (so it would appear) and I'm thinking it would make a great Christmas gift. He has since gotten newer, nicer bikes. But, it was his first real bike he was allowed to buy after my sister and I were born, and I know he'd love to have it (or one identical) hanging in the garage.

I'm having a senior moment at 28 - I cannot for the life of me recall what kind of bar tape it was. Cilo and Ambrosio have both turned up nothing, but I've seen this tape many times on many bikes, so I'd hoping it may ring a bell.

It was yellow with fine black striping diagonally across it, so that when wrapped it almost hid the seams. The material was that absorb-nothing-get-slippery-fast slightly stretchy vinyl that was so hot back in the 80's.

Anybody... I'll try to find a photo. Thanks all!