Old 10-28-11, 10:45 AM
dcbrewer

Bikes: 2014 Velo-Orange Polyvalent, 1987 Trek Cirrus (520) with xtracycle free radical, 1987 Miyata 112, 2007 Dahon Speed D7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had just put the finishing touches on my main commuter (1987 Miyata One Twelve) by building up a new front wheel with a Shimano DH-3N80 Dynamo connected to a B&M Lumotec IQ Cyo headlight when I happened on a 1987 Trek 520 for sale on CL. I run fenders on the Miyata and can JUST barely fit 700x35's under them, so I have been looking for an alternative that would allow me to used studded tires in the winter. Voila', the huge clearance and canti brakes on the 520 are perfect. So, I now have shimano bar end shifters coming to me from Rivendell, interrupter levers, Schwalbe Marathon Winter tires, and new Shimano clipless pedals coming from Amazon, and all should arrive sometime next week. I can't wait to put it all together! I still need to order some new fenders from Velo-Orange and I will be on the lookout for at least a new 700c rear wheel to replace the old freewheel style one I have on there now. When it is all said and done, I expect it to be a pretty sweet ride that will rival the Miyata as my daily commuter choice.