Old 10-28-11, 09:00 PM
Dudelsack 

Bikes: Lectric Xpedition.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by dcrowell
I'm a little late to the party... I don't check out the recumbent forum as often as I used to.

First, other people. Eff 'em. You'll notice other bicyclists harassing you occasionally, but that passes after a while. Non-bicyclists think 'bents are cool - and they are! Be prepared to answer a lot of questions from random strangers.

Second, I have a cervical spine issue: pinched nerve, bone spurs, inflamed facet joints. Not fun. Although treatment has got me where I can do everything I want again (including riding my DF bikes) I was really glad to have the 'bent. I bought it before the neck issue for other reasons, but was really glad to have it. My bicycles are my transportation, my fitness, and my sanity. When my neck was at it's worst it still hurt to ride a 'bent - about as much as sitting in a reclining chair. I literally couldn't ride a DF at all.

I'm back to riding DF bikes (mostly) now, but I won't sell the 'bent. It could come in handy next time my neck flares up, or I hurt my back, or my prostrate gives me issues, whatever. I also take it out for fun now and again because I love the way it bombs down hills

Good luck!
Thanks! I'd like to PM you but my post count isn't high enough yet. May I ask where you received treatment? You can PM me. Crazy rules. I can receive PMs but I can't send them.

I should add that I live in Louisville.