View Single Post
Old 11-02-11, 09:51 PM
bostongarden
meow

Bikes: 2016 Parlee Altum, 2013 Cannondale Super Six Evo Hi Mod Di2 only, 2011 Cannondale Super Six, Dura Ace 7800, 2007 Cannondale System Six Dura Ace 7800, 1992 Bridgestone RB-1, MB-2, MB-3, MB-5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Ok, up to speed on Homeland. The action is not as fast paced as 24, and there aren't anywhere near 8-billion different things going on per episode; although, it is picking up steam. But, we have a protagonist on the edge and absorbed with purpose, a cast of potentially interesting characters that, hopefully, will be developed. (Is the computer geek the 24-Chloe equivalent?) I am expecting the twist-and-turn factor to increase. I unexpectedly smiled when the Director said "copy that" to someone while on the telephone. Some random thoughts: the deer-killing scene was strange. I get a touch queasy from some of the scenes as I am more accustomed to somewhat milder presentation that appears on "free tv" (e.g., Fox) rather than the more "intense" (and revealing) exposition that appears on "pay tv" (in this case, Showtime). Carrie is crazed; and the mentor is cool. Overall: I am hooked and must see the next episode. (Alas, I think my Showtime freebie trial might run out soon; hopefully, I can get a push to third week of December!!)