Old 11-05-11, 07:55 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,993 Times in 1,778 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
The tracking is done with a watch. Look at your watch as you leave ... and look at your watch when you return.
Have not worn a watch since my knees went bad and I gave up marathon running. It really is not an important parameter to me at all. I do keep track of my actual break time using my cell phone clock just to improve that. The only reason I do this is that I keep hoping to get selected for the 209 mile LOTOJA race and want to do as best as I can. I also plan on doing many more organized centuries so it may matter some. But even with that said. If I continue to ride my organized century's as a solo rider and not in a paceline overall time does not matter either. I spent a few miles in a paceline for one event and it made it so easy to maintain a high pace. So for me if I can finish in the top 1/3 of all riders while riding the total event solo I am happier than if I'm in the top 10 but worked a paceline the whole time. I know who worked harder.