Old 11-05-11, 08:02 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,995 Times in 1,780 Posts
Originally Posted by kbro1986
Here's the issue that I have...and why it matters to a lot of people...When someone here starts a thread stating that they completed their first sub 5 hour century and people rush to congratulate (which is a tremendous accomplishment, don't get me wrong), it matters. A sub 5 hour century (measured using elapsed time) is AWESOME!. However, a sub 5 hour century reported in riding time is something that isn't as hard to do. So, the problem is that when people read this thread....different people understand the post in different ways. So, it does matter....
It matters to you obviously but I could care less. Anyone that rides 100 miles deserves credit. Why care what their time is. You should know what you are capable of and then always work to improve that if it matters to you. Then do real rides against others to see how you truly stack up. Heck, what about solo vs paceline centuries? Or like the last event I rode where the idiot organizers failed to have the halfway turn around point marked so a bunch of us rode an additional 12 miles or so in the race. I still finished in the top 3rd of the field but have no true idea how competitive I was since there is no telling what distance we truly all rode. Oh, and for my old and slow body a sub 5 hour century in ride time is hard to do, so it's all relative to way too many factors for us all to really worry about how someone reports time on a silly internet forum. We are all just better served to be out there riding, right??