View Single Post
Old 11-06-11, 09:27 PM
buzzman
----

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 4 Posts
Have had a love affair with bicycles from a very young age. Started commuting at age 15 when I got my first job and also to ride to karate lessons and do my paper route. Caught sight of my first "10 speed" lightweight Italian racer while doing my paper route one day and I flipped for it and lusted for one for 2 years. But at age 15 my first purchase of an "adult" type bike was a folding bike made by Astro-Daimler Puch and sold in the Sears Catalog in 1968. I then moved up to a Raleigh 3 speed. Then a Raleigh Grand Prix. Then a Bottecchia Professional all Campy racing bike. Then a series of racing, touring and commuting bikes, one of them from 1976, a custom Tanguy frame with all Campy, I still ride to this day for road riding and touring.

My commutes have varied from just a few miles a day to round trip commutes of 72 miles 3-4 times a week. My usual commute is just over 20 round trip 6 days per week but my current commute is more like 10 round trip. I also use the bike for general transport, shopping. My wife owns a car but I do not. I sometimes drive hers but basically I'm car free. I am using a folding bike as my current commuter but generally ride a 9 speed Novara Buzz.