View Single Post
Old 11-09-11, 07:16 PM
Cyclebum

Bikes: Tour Easy, Linear USS, Lightening Thunderbolt, custom DF, Raleigh hybrid, Felt time trial

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, the decision has been made and the 2 wheeler is in the stable. My lbs just happened to have a Sun Tour Easy LE in stock and turned me loose on it today for as long as I wanted. Made a 2 hour run, looking for a downside. And looking, and looking. Darn. I just couldn't find one. Even the reputataion they have for poor climbing, was for me at least, a non-issue. Seemed more stable at 3 mph than my DF. Will add a rack tomorrow and head out for a long, very fun run on one of my regular, very hilly local routes. May never get aboard a DF again.

Fairing ordered.

Am putting the trike off for the forseeable future. I like the narrow footprint and high profile of the Tour Easy, as well as it's obvious suitability for loaded touring. The continuous, panoramic view. No more ride time limits due to generalized/specific discomfort. No more sore rear, no more aching shoulders, numb hands. Limited now only by energy level and motivation. Wow. All stuff you guys already knew.

Last edited by Cyclebum; 11-10-11 at 02:15 AM.