Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cycleobsidian
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...articlecontent

This article appeared in the Globe and Mail in October.

The article is good but the comments afterward are even better. Almost all of them have a similar philosophy to those of us that like to frequent LCF.

We are not alone.
I liked the comment about how "Cars are the new tobacco." It does appear that people's frustration with the car is growing and that they are questioning the role of the car in their lives.

As Dynodonn says, 1.7 percent drop is not much. But I find that there is any drop at all is tremendously significant.

Here is a talk that gives one hope. People tend to do what they see being done. So the more people see that living car free is possible, the more they will join in. It's quite an amazing talk. Do Lectures- Understanding the super social ape

"We are ‘a super-social ape’. We exist to converse, to chat, to gossip. Whole social movements can be explained by utilising this core theory." Mark Earls

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.