Old 11-12-11, 08:57 PM
mikemowbz

Bikes: Are several.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 21 Posts
It all comes together

So, the build is complete! A couple of hiccups: went down to a 7sp hyperglide cassette plus spacer rather than the 8 originally intended, and the medium-reach brakes I specifically sussed out on the advice of the guy who sold me the frame (who told me the Cyclone calipers he took off were 47-57mm) turn out to have been unecessary...short-reach would have done, and these barely fit with the new 700c rims. But in any case, it rides! Nothing more needs to be done, although I may well replace those brakes at some point...

Much appreciation to Tracy at Jett Grrl Bikes in Vancouver for building the wheels and putting stuff together, generally making up for my weaknesses with a wrench.

The renewed and revamped 25" Nishiki Prestige (1985/6) got it's first taste of Vancouver - a brisk ride in the pouring rain, sloshing over fallen leaves and up & down the hilly streets of East Van. Had to get it home, right? I even picked up some of those thin plastic removable fender and slapped 'em on in the shop, it just looked so direly grey...

Without further ado - PICS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0251.jpg (58.0 KB, 59 views)
IMG_0258.jpg (58.9 KB, 48 views)
IMG_0267.jpg (50.4 KB, 42 views)
IMG_0260.jpg (39.7 KB, 44 views)
IMG_0253.jpg (57.3 KB, 41 views)