Old 11-13-11, 07:13 PM
coolio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
An update on my amped bikes saga. As I reported last time, I shipped the hub back and they said that there were some "exposed wires" so they fixed those and it should be good to go. I tested it out the other night and it still would not engage. However, there may be a faulty connection in the main thick black wire that comes out of the hub. There is a tape job in the middle of it that seems to hold some connector.

When I grip this taped area like a fist, the hub engages fine. However, it lasts a few minutes then it dies again. I guess the connections there loosen up and fail to make contact. I emailed customer service again to see what he suggests. I think that if I ride it, all the jarring of riding will cause it to loosen up and the hub will die.

Do you guys that have this type of hub have a tape job like mine? I don't recall if it had that when I first got the hub. Isn't this a little faulty putting a taped connector in the middle of the black wire? I mean water could get in there, right?

The saga continues...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG00342-20111111-2110.jpg (56.6 KB, 9 views)