View Single Post
Old 11-14-11, 08:27 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Relatively warm ride this morning (50s) after a couple weeks with morning commutes in the 30s and low 40s. Of course, warm mornings around here generally mean headwinds as my route heads mostly south in the mornings. I decided not to fight it and actually made decent time riding at a moderate pace. Hopefully the wind will continue in the same direction and I'll get a tailwind riding home.

My morning commute times have been amazingly consistent since my office moved downtown 3 weeks ago, increasing my distance from 10 to 14 miles. I am following the same route for the first 9 miles, but the last 5 miles has a lot of hills and traffic lights that push down my average speed no matter how good I'm feeling. My overall morning commute times have ranged from 54 to 56 minutes daily, regardless of how I am feeling, the weather, the bike I am riding or other factors. On my old route, I would often see a 5 minute range in morning commute times from day to day.