Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 11-15-11, 03:23 AM
rickybails

Bikes: Brompton, Xootr Swift, Scott Spark, Giant Anthem, Yeti AS-R, Dahon Helios

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtalinm
i do have the saddle on my road bike back that far
Just want to check that when you are trying to match your road bike saddle position on your swift, you are doing this using a plumbline and not by the position of the saddle in relation to the seatpost (because the swift seatpost probably leans further back than your road bike). I find the easiest way to measure this is to get the cranks horizontal with the crank nearest you pointing backwards, hold a plumbline on the tip of the saddle, leaning the bike towards you so the line hangs next the the crank arm (but us free to swing forwards and back), then mark the crank arm where the line meets it with some tape or a pen, then measure the horizontal distance from that mark to the centre of the BB. And if you are using a different type of saddle on each bike you need to adjust if one has a longer nose than the other, in relation to the point of the saddle you actually sit on (sit on both saddles in normal riding position - does the tip of the saddle stick out about the same distance in front of you for each saddle?)