Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by demoncyclist
Sentinel-

I completely disagree that bikes "can't hold up other traffic." I am entitled, at least under MA General Law, to as much of the lane as I need to travel safely. If that means that a dozen cars are stuck behind me, doing 15mph, because the road is narrow and twisty with no shoulder, and they can't safely pass me, well too bad.

Phinney-

Signs are useless. They are posted all over the place around here, and I don't think anyone reads them. Most people don't stop at stop signs, and have no f@#%ing idea what a yield sign means, so why should they care about sharing the road with cyclists? They are too busy trying to juggle cell phones and coffee cups.
while I see this point..... if it is one or two cars then make them wait. but a dozen? common courtesy would be nice to let them around.

then again the "Courtesy thing" goes both ways

Example I live on a back country road, very skinny as when cars pass each other both of them have tires in the grass. I am in my truck and a group of cyclist 5 of them had been riding 3 wide and 2 wide. As I approached the rear of them they saw me and went 2 wide but still was riding the yellow line. I followed them for a bit and gave plenty of time for them to single file up or move over.

They didn't want to do that so I passed them anyways. (they moved over then)

I feel I gave them pleanty of time and the deserved courtesy, and if they wanted to be clowns about it then they can talk to my 33" mud tire

Maybe I have a differant view on things growing up in a farm community, Tractors!!!! they own the road and get right of way. But I haven't seen a single one of them not return favors and pull over or off after a line of cars pile up on them.

MY opinion is there is already to many dang laws, instead of making more teach people respect and courtesy and everybody and everything would flow so much better.

then again as hard as i try to respect, I have my limits too. Some days the limits are really low LOL