Old 11-19-11, 02:26 PM
mikhalit

Bikes: Poison Chinin IGH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sixty Fiver,

I just can't go back to "regular" crank length anymore, it feels very awkward now with 175mm cranks. Although they say additional leverage is not so important on the geared bikes, sometimes I had just not enough of gears to climb a hill, too much weight, i ride for three people + food and caping gear Now i consistently ride comfortably two gears higher and quick speeding up is quite easier too, it even makes my rides safer.

I tend to think that crank length importance is normally overlooked. For me it's the first step to getting a right fit. I am definitely not NBA ready, but did play for our University team some years ago.

Those World Tour chainstays look impressive! What is their length? I want to stick to those that would be on the edge of "normal", like 47 cm. I don't carry too much stuff, and too long wheelbase would add me problems on the local trains, train stations and airlines. I live in Norther Germany, and one has to use trains a lot here, unless he admires endless farm fields landscape..