Old 11-19-11, 04:09 PM
yellowbarber
porc, pâtisserie & piment

Bikes: 1830 Claude Chevrier Strad model, 1915 Gibson A, 1929 Cuesnon/Beuscher Stainer model, Phil Davidson 2pt mandolin, 1970 JW Gallagher G-50, ca1920 Favilla Brothers grand concert, 2005 Swift Folder, '97 Cannondale M700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts
hello from smelly, overcrowded NYC; the world's largest shopping mall

Hi gang,
I'm Tom & I'm new here as a result of vintage bike part & mechanical searches brought me to the forum a few times.
I used to zip around on a Ross coaster when I was a kid, which I changed and modified the components on every spring. I was on a year-round swim team when I was a teenager and rode about 10 miles everyday from cross training. Then the hippy fairy came along and turned me into a slob for the next 25 years until I discovered Paris' Velib bikeshare program. Things got pretty bad a few months ago when I salvaged an orphaned early 60s Nottingham 3 speed sports from the NYC sanitation dept.

And that's how I find myself here...looking for pointers on the care & feeding of an old Sturmey Archer AW hub; looking for BSA threaded nuts and bolts, whitworth spanners, pedal parts...blah, blah, blah.

It's bad enough that I collect guitars, fiddles and mandolins. Now, I have managed to attract three more old English 3 speeds to my pile-o-stuff.