Old 11-21-11, 02:25 AM
and1homer
Slower Member

Bikes: 2009 Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you have a van at the other end, then go get a hard case. Those things are huge. Know that you will need an SUV or truck to transport it - they will not fit in a car, even a big one.

That's why after I did a lot of research this summer I ended up buying this EVOC case. I flew to France and back with my bike, including multiple plan changes and loading on and off trains, and not a scratch.

It is not a hard case, but has plenty of solid struts, edges, and protectors - many of which are removable. So I was never really worried about damage. Nice wide wheel base, didn't fall over when going around corners. Lots of grab points too, so easy to handle. And I really like that all you need to do to pack is take off wheels, pedals and the handlebars, and drop the seat, so packing/unpacking is really fast and easy, which is nice.

I know it is not a hard case, but that is not a bad thing. Even though it has a lot of solid protection, when you take out the struts it can fold down, at least somewhat, so I didn't need a SUV/van/truck/bus at the other end. I actually packed a bike rack too, and then I could put the empty case in the back seat of a Megane.

Just an option.