Old 07-11-05, 07:22 PM
Nam
Stinky Mouse

Bikes: Giant OCR3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A cyclist died in NY without helmet

I was in Shore road, Bay Ridge in Brooklyn, NY about an hour ago and saw a dead cyclist on the road. I wasn't there when it happened but I overheard the eyewitness told the police that he was trying to pass a little kid who was going left and right, he confused and hit the fence that seperate the highway and the Shore road, his head smashed right into the fence, blood was coming out the whole lane. The ambulance guy said that if he had had the helmet, he'd probably still alive. His bike is Trek bike, from the look I guess it's about $1500-$2500 range, every was intact except the lower frame has little bent, I didn't ask how fast he was going. But I know for sure that he's much more pro cyclist than me.

God bless him, I feel so bad for him. I used to wear helmet all the time but stop wearing 2 weeks recently, but after seeing this accident, I better start to put it on again. So to all you guys out there, please wear the helmet, you will never know what will happen. I've ridden that Shore road a thousand times, it's dedicated bike and walking lane, so it's 100% safe more than any road out there, you just never know, so be careful.