View Single Post
Old 11-27-11, 09:59 AM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 258 Times in 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Giacomo 1
It's funny what sticks in our minds about a certain brand, and it doesn't just have to be bikes, and makes them our favorites for life.

I was very fond of Bottecchias as I mentioned earlier in this thread, simply because there was a guy when I was teenager that I looked up to and he had a beautiful red, white and green Bottecchia. For all I know it could have been a gas-pipe bike with lousy paint and of no real value, but it was very Italian and he was the only one of us that could afford one. I always wanted that bike simply because of that guy. I actually looked for months for one but to no avail. Maybe someday.

As for Colnago's, well, I can't say a bad thing about them. To me they are the Ferrari of the bike world. So much history, so many victories, so many great riders and they just have that allure to them, like a Ferrari. Maybe they are not as exclusive as a Ferrari, but their reputation and the mindset of the company really reminds me of what Enzo did at Ferrari. I think I will always crave one also...
No reason to not enjoy a nice Colnago.

I've owned them off and on since 1979.

I currently own two, and enjoy them a great deal.

I will say though, they really are lightning rods for supporters and detractors.

BTW You might be surprised at how inexpensively one can find a nice used example if you have patience.

..and can avoid eBay.