View Single Post
Old 11-27-11, 06:33 PM
pammieellen

Bikes: Cannondale R1000 (sold) ; Gary Fisher Cake 2; Gary Fisher Napa (hybrid), and a Brompton M6R raw lower gearing, and my new purchase, a Royal H Mixte.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Brompton Purchase

Yes, I caved in and ordered a Brompton Folding Bike. Raw Lacquer, lower gearing, 12% reduction, Schwalbe Tires, M6R. Looks like a four-five week wait. Can't wait to get it - thanks for all of you who posted on this topic. I am using it because I frequently make airline trips (19 weeks last year). I have a Honda Element and can easily transport bikes by the car (I have a road, mountain, and hybrid) - but this should be great.

I picked raw lacquer (steampunk!) but almost went with something a bit girlier.

I am thinking of using a currently owned and broken-in Brooks 17 titanium saddle. It took me a year to break in (over 500 miles). I finally gave in and used Sheldon Brown's controversial soaking break-in methodology in this case, involving lexol (which I owned). Rode it every day for a week. It's wonderful. I'll let you know if it deteriorates my saddle.

I was wondering what the opinion is for a B66-67 for the Brompton? It's a more upright ride - I was wondering if that would really be much more comfortable. I have average sit bones for a woman 125mm.