View Single Post
Old 12-05-11, 12:19 AM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tadawdy
He didn't "slip on ice." Someone created a dangerous situation for trail users. I actually agree with the sentiment of the suit. I do agree with the sentiment against him breaking the law.
Was the snow actually plowed onto the trail or just up near it? If it was plowed up onto the trail itself then yes, the bar and/or whoever they hired is responsible for what happens as a result of their snow removal efforts. But I don't see how the city, county or state should be held responsible.

Especially considering that the person in question was riding a type of vehicle that is not allowed to be on that trail.

Originally Posted by tadawdy
Worst legal argument ever. People should know driving is a little dangerous. Eating out at a restaurant is a little dangerous. Even leaving the house at all is a little dangerous.

Aside from that, riding an actual bicycle at night is not dangerous with proper lighting, nor is riding in winter necessarily dangerous.
Agreed.