Old 12-08-11, 04:32 PM
christ0ph

Bikes: 1974 Raleigh Grand Prix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow.. the Revolights are BY FAR the most "futuristic" bike light that I have EVER seen.

Their argument about the angle is a good one too.

OTOH, although they totally convinced me on the huge benefit of having your lights at a low angle to see the potholes, it seems to me that the constraints of having a light in that tiny space alongside the rims is limiting the brightness enough to make simply putting a pair of LEDs on the fork, one on either side of the front axle, make more economic sense for me.

But I'm a guy who has done enough visuals/lighting-related things in the past to not feel so compelled to do them now on my bike. (although I love seeing them done!)

Also, the Revolight looks so cool and unusual, I could see drivers being so distracted by them they could perhaps plow into things. Other drivers, pedestrians, maybe even you. Google "target fixation".

That said, someday, I want one.. maybe when the price comes down and they are not so unusual they could prompt unusual behavior!

Originally Posted by colleen c
Last month I had a chance to speak to one of the founder for Revolight at the bike Expos. I saw their demo of the Revolight and I was pretty impress by it. Very eye catching from the side, and from the front and rear. They are soon to be out in the market. Only thing I did not like about it was the price might be at around 200.

http://www.revolights.com/