Old 07-13-05, 11:59 AM
Ken Cox
King of the Hipsters

Bikes: Realm Cycles Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The Federal Government has four classifications for geographic areas: urban, suburban, rural and frontier.
Within the continental limits of America, only Central and Eastern Oregon qualify as frontier.
That surprises a lot of people.
What about Wyoming, Montana and the Dakotas?
Nope.
Only Central and Eastern Oregon.

So out here on the real frontier we have real cattle ranches and people who dress up as cowboys every day as part of going to work.
Some of the cowboys have really authentic costumes and stuff on their very authentic horses.
They even go to rodeos where they can show off their cowboy costumes and their ability to ride a horse.
Although one could say that they represent the last real cowboys on the planet, they come accross as posers.
I think some of them do it just for an excuse to dress up in a cowboy costume.
If their horse had spokes, I doubt if any of the cowboys would stick rodeo cards in their horse's spokes.
But then, what do cowboys know about what really matters?

We also have folks out here who just like to ride horses, and who need to go places only a horse or a man on foot could go.
Some of these horse riders wear cowboys boots and cowboy hats, but they don't strike me so much as posers as do the guys who have cowboy jobs just as an excuse to wear the costume.
Out here, on the real frontier, the biggest posers and pretenders actually work as cowboys.
Go figure.

By the way, following Aeroplane's advice, I did a search on "Hipster," "King of the Hipsters" and "Hipster Pride," but I didn't come up with any cards.
Dang!
Do I sense a business opportunity here?
A niche?
I could publish hipster cards that refer to events that never happened, and if somebody came up and asked me about the event I could say "Invitation only - too bad you missed it."