zelah
Banned

Bikes: Mercier Kilo TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OneTinSloth
i have a spoke card that my girlfriend made for me out of love, it's a print out of an old poster that has a couple riding bikes on it, and it says "ride a bike, it's fun!" on it. i know several others who have spoke cards that were made for them by loved ones. i also have an old drinking glass that has a couple on a tandem riding down the street accompanied by the phrase "...on a bicycle built for two!" on it. am i supposed to give that up because i don't actually own a tandem?

i think it's a tad ironic to get self-rightous about something that you, yourself don't participate in. it's like non-messenger guilt over riding a bike that's fun to ride. I have 9 bikes, i ride them all. i ride every day to and from work. i've ridden my bike every day for the last 6 years as my main mode of transportation, and guess what, i roll my pant legs up and carry a messenger bag, and so do most of my co-workers at the shop where i work on bikes for 8 hours a day. as far as i'm concerned, anyone who rides a bike is awesome. even if they're on a fixed gear and don't know how to handle it yet, they'll learn, just like i did, just like everyone else, even the holier than the holy messengers, did before them.

get over yourselves.
Love is for posers