Old 12-16-11, 05:45 PM
LemondFanForeve
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ravenmore
. And where in the heck has anyone ever accused him of embezzling from Livestrong?

A five second Google search, yielded this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ong/index.html

Also, Commodus gave an excellent link too:
Well I'd be the last to hold up Bicycling as a source of credible journalism...usually. But this article: http://www.bicycling.com/news/pro-cy...trongs-endgame
And....there was just another thread about Lance, and one person chimed in that Gary Fischer, all but admitted, that Lemond was telling the truth about Armstrong's doping. It was in an article/interview for "Bicycling" magazine. The person said that there's still a grand jury investigation about to wrap up, and Lance might be headed for a bad time(Ill look for the thread-Found it...here's just a small part of it.)

Tetrider

Join DateJan 2007LocationMassachusettsPosts1,205
I could write a book here, but I'll just stick to a few points.

Boring:
http://stevethebikeguy.com/wp-conten...eL2-small1.jpg

Any bike brand that does this kind of work is not boring. Well done Trek for green-lighting this project usually done by small boutique brands.

Brand:
LeMond was at one time the 5th largest bike brand in the US.
Trek dropped the rights to LeMond accessories, so Greg made a deal with a firm (PTI) to continue non-bike merchandise which pissed Trek off. PTI screwed it up with deals like Target which Greg disliked.

Greg was telling it like he saw it. It's speculation that he was doing it out of spite for having Armstrong beat his TdF record (through outside means), but I can't argue it certainly looked that way. Plus I think we'd all be a bit irritated by it. Nevertheless, when even Bicycling magazine and Bill Strickland come out and stitch together a mountain of evidence, which LeMond kept randomly discharging, suddenly he shouldn't look so crazy. While I'd rather have the past stay in the past at this point, the Grand Jury and case against Armstrong might be on its way to give LeMond a huge "told you so" moment - but that too is speculation.

However, because Greg was in the Trek family he unfortunately needed to bite his tongue I think. It would have have been tough but the appropriate thing to do given the business relationship. For instance, radio talk show hosts never bad mouth a colleague even if they are on opposite ends of opinion.

Person:
If you ever get to meet Greg or hear him talk, blank your mind of any misconceptions and then judge. He is just a nice guy and awesome cycling figure.

Lemme find the other one for you all(here's what i was talking about):

RedC

My 2007 Buenos Aires is carbon fiber and when I test rode a 5.2 Madone recently I liked my Lemond better. By the way did you see the recent Gary Fischer interview recently in which he as much as said Greg was telling the truth even if not very diplomatically

Last edited by LemondFanForeve; 12-16-11 at 06:01 PM.