Old 12-17-11, 09:38 AM
Connell
Wheezy Rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by NOS88
Perhaps the biggest misleading thing is that even if one follows the seven principles faithfully, one might not make it past any number of diseases that have little to do with fitness/exercise.
My wife and I were having a conversation about this just last night. There does seem to be a certain attitude in our society that feels the need to blame people who contract illnesses. If you get cancer it was because you smoked. Liver disease? Well, you drank etc. There doesn't seem to be any room in the minds of some folk that occasionally, people just get sick. Hence your friend's belief that she must have done something to deserve her illness. Maybe it's a defense mechanism. "It won't happen to me, because I look after myself. It happened to them because they did not." It's very sad.

Originally Posted by tractorlegs
I actually am getting younger each year. When I turned 50 I decided to start counting backwards - 8 years later I am now 42. I believe I will settle in on 29 as a permanent age. My wife tells me that I am about 8, but that's a different story.
That's a good approach. I've started giving my age in Celsius recently. I think it's more accurate.