Old 12-18-11, 05:24 AM
Michael Angelo 

Bikes: Treks (USA), Schwinn Paramount, Schwinn letour,Raleigh Team Professional, Gazelle GoldLine Racing, 2 Super Mondias, Carlton Professional.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Timeline of Zeus components in South Florida as I've discovered them, beginning sometime in 2008:

2008: I pick up a Zeus 2000 RD at a local shop. Not perfect, but a nice piece. This was my first local Zeus sighting. Without a doubt, that part did not arrive in the bottom of that shop's grimy bin via eBay or any internet sale.

2009: Framebuilder Mike Terraferma informs me that one of the local riders owns a Zeus 2000 and Zeus Supercronos group - purchased new and ridden hard. I have yet to see them, but Mike has. Haven't had the time to meet the fellow.

2011: Two weeks ago, I do the yard sale rounds. I find a fellow at one sale who used to work at Dade Cycle (from '79 through '81). Says he owns a complete Zeus 2000 group.

Today: I drop by one of the LBS's and unearth a first-generation Zeus Gran Sport rear derailer, what appear to be shifters predating the aluminum ones on Velobase, and a front derailer which matches the Zeus Criterium - except for the logo:

Who said you can't find Zeus in the land of Eisentraut, Weigle, Litton, and Redcay?

-Kurt

Total Junk.....If you want I'll trade you some fantastic Suntour Cyclone parts for it......All kidding aside, those look great!!