cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
I never saw a lot of it at races back in the early 80s, but my first serious road bike - a 1980 Olmo Nuovo Super Sprint - was completely decked out in Zeus 2000.
Zeus 2000 doesn't surprise me as much as the earlier groups, as it was probably Zeus' best seller - from what I've seen, 2000 made it to OEM more than any other Zeus group.

Never seen a PMP in person, ever. I don't know if any made it down here or not, but Miami seems to be a pretty good place to find the obscure and the oddball. We've been wondrously overlooked due to the slow collectors' market down here.

Originally Posted by Michael Angelo
Total Junk.....If you want I'll trade you some fantastic Suntour Cyclone parts for it......All kidding aside, those look great!!
Do something productive, Mike. Go beat your Athena 11 cranks.

Originally Posted by T-Mar
During the early 1970s, Zeus was being imported by West Coast Cycle Supply, who also handled Azuki, Nishiki and Windsor, though I'm not sure sure if they imported components in addition to the bicycles. By 1975, Zeus Cyclery Corp. had been set up in NYC. Zeus was aways available, though it was/is hard to find relative to the other major brands. In Europe it was a major presence, especially in the aftermarket.

As for Guerciotti prior to TSD, there was a company called Sherpa Designs that handled them in the mid-1970s. I'm not sure if they were an actual distributor. During this period many large retail outlets would purchase in quantity directly from the manufacturers in Europe.
Good to know, T-Mar. Out of curiosity, was Sherpa in NY?

Originally Posted by dbakl
That seems to be the standard Zeus setup. I have 3 Zeus bikes... trying to finish one to post some pics. Never had any of the later, fancier stuff.
Zeus 2000 seems to be the most common groupset in the States; at least from what I've seen. I'm quite looking forward to examining that local Supercronos group.

Originally Posted by BlueDevil63
Ok I can't resist and not trying to hijack the thread but there isn't much Zeus traffic here. My 1980-81 Supercronos with all Zeus components except the seat and stem:
Very, very nice.

-Kurt