Old 12-19-11, 08:08 PM
Collin2424
Beach-Bound

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
For what its worth, those Cyclone bits, while very awesome both functionally and IMHO aesthetically, aren't particularly rare or super special or anything. .....although if you know I'm wrong let me know because I have several sitting in my parts bin that I'd love to cash in!

I guess what I'm getting at is there's enough 1st Gen Cyclone out there that I don't think you don't have to feel bad pulling it off and doing something with the frame and something else with the Components.

I feel like if you enjoy wrenching this is a golden opportunity and you've got a blank canvas that you don't need to worry (any further) about the value of.
Very true and honestly if I'm going to do anything with this frame, it's going to be turning into a wicket commuter. I'll likely stick a 14-30T freewheel on and use a Shimano Deore rear derailleur from a MTB. I think the geometry of the frame is a good balance for longer/comfortable rides, even though Centurion calls this a "race" bike. Doesn't seem like too steep of angles to me, so we'll see. The Super Mighty drilled crankset (52/42) has to go though

-Collin-