Thread: What is it?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-11, 06:37 PM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Grid Reference, SK
Posts: 3,768

Bikes: I never learned to ride a bike. It is my deepest shame.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is a bicycle component used to attach a handlebar to the steerer tube of a fork. It has a quill, likely 22.2mm diameter, that goes down into the fork steerer with some type of expander to hold it in place. THe length of the quill and forward extension of the stem are used to position the handlebar at a height and reach to make the bike as comfortable as possible for the rider.
LarDasse74 is offline