View Single Post
Old 12-21-11, 04:24 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by harry2110
In fact I am carfree not by choice but by law as I cant pass a vision test for a license. Now otherwise I would have been in a car or motorcycle. So to me its a form of discrimation as I dont have any other way to get service when the lobby is closed. Now banks are alright and allow service atleast to atms which i prefer to deal with outside anyways but fast food is a whole nother story. Taco bell was the worst they in fact asked me to leave or they would call the cops as I had to wait in their drive thru and finally got noticed after a car pulled up behind me. I didnt see the sign till he pointed to it as its on the drive thru window not sign like it should be and in unreadable font for me unless i get within inches.

I was going there as it was literally the only restuarnt open after a late shift at work one night, so I had no other choice unless i rode 6 miles out of my way and that was steak and shake which i should have done( always open in my area).
My point exactly... What I find interesting is that the McD's in my area happens to have a sign on the drive thru that says to ask for the Braille menu...WTF?

I have no problem with braille menus...but at the drive through? I am of the opinion that if a business is open they need to either serve everyone or no one, not just who they choose to serve when they choose.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon